Windows7 BlueScreen + Wont start up now need help asap :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

_SomeOne_

In Runtime
Hi every.... one...

A few days ago i got the well known blue screen.. I thought nothing of it and restarted my PC.. everything was fine. Then last night i restarted my PC again (because there was a file missing in the system32 folder.. cant remember the name of it) and now it wont even start up... it goes into repair mode and says it was unsuccessful.

I tried restoring my PC to a later date.. but i installed an update just before i turned my computer off... it was windows essentials update.. so that was the lastest date i could restore to..

Now.. i want to go into safe mode and see if i can transfer some files.. because iv got a lot of work on my HDD.. (windows is on the SSD)
I dont know how to go into safe mode through the bios.. I'm using Asus P67 B3 Rev3 motherboard..
I have tried turning the computer off and on to see if i can start the safe mode like that.. but it only shows "start windows normally" and "repair windows" options..

any help is appreciated..

Thank you!

edit:
iv tried pressing F8 on start up.. i choose my boot up drive but it just goes into repair mode again

You can't get into Safe Mode from the BIOS. You have to wait until after the BIOS splash screen goes away and hit F8 before Windows starts to load to get the Advanced Boot Menu.

Either way it doesn't sound like it will work. Get yourself a copy of Ubuntu or any other Linux LiveCD and boot to that and.copy your files from your SSD to your HD.

Should have come to us when the first error occurred. We might have been able to prevent this. But now your Windows is so from gone a reinstall is your only option.

ok.. just started up in safe mode and it still goes into repair mode...
Looks like i cant get anything from my SSD... im gonna try to use my HDD as an external drive on my other computer to see if i can get the stuff of it like that.

You can't get into Safe Mode from the BIOS. You have to wait until after the BIOS splash screen goes away and hit F8 before Windows starts to load to get the Advanced Boot Menu.

Either way it doesn't sound like it will work. Get yourself a copy of Ubuntu or any other Linux LiveCD and boot to that and.copy your files from your SSD to your HD.

Should have come to us when the first error occurred. We might have been able to prevent this. But now your Windows is so from gone a reinstall is your only option.

Can i get Ubuntu for free or do i have pay for it?
Does it just work from a CD? so my computer boots from a CD?

Alright.. im downloading this: Download | Ubuntu

Would i be able to put it on a flash drive and start it like that?

edit: nvm.. im asking questions before i even read anything..

Ill let you know how i get on once i get ubuntu running

Alright... iv got it working and i see all my files.
Im going out to buy myself another HDD so i can backup my files/ use it as a backup drive.

Please use the Edit Button. It looks like a pencil and is there for a reason. There is no reason to multiple post within minutes of your previous posts. The Edit button is available for 24 hours.

I am sure the question on if it is free or if you have to pay for it was answered once you actually went to the website and looked at it. ;)

Yes it just boots from the CD.

I highly suggest you use the LiveCD on a CD as the name states. While it can be done via USB Thumb Drive it will require more programs to get it working properly like unetbootin instead of just burning the ISO to CD and then booting from it.

I highly suggest you use the LiveCD on a CD as the name states. While it can be done via USB Thumb Drive it will require more programs to get it working properly like unetbootin instead of just burning the ISO to CD and then booting from it.

Which can also require more programs, depending on if the person already has a program that burns ISO images or not (or has Windows 7 or not, since it has ISO burning natively built-in).

Considering the topic title says Win7 BSoD, I can safely say that he has ISO burning built in and doesnt require any extra software. Hence why my statement is what it is. ;)

Considering the topic title says Win7 BSoD, I can safely say that he has ISO burning built in and doesnt require any extra software. Hence why my statement is what it is. ;)

But you don't know for sure that he's on a Windows 7 system right now ;). He just said that the Windows 7 computer was the one with the BSOD; he didn't say if he was logging into it or another computer with Win7 currently ;).

Either way, moot point since he said he already was able to boot into Ubuntu and see his files.

It is far easier to guide someone on how to burn an ISO than it is to instruct them on how to take an ISO image and make a bootable USB Thumb Drive. To add to what your said as well, there is no knowing if the PC can even boot from USB. So it is far easier to burn a CD and know it can work than to go through the trouble of making a USB Thumb Drive and find out it doesnt work.

It is far easier to guide someone on how to burn an ISO than it is to instruct them on how to take an ISO image and make a bootable USB Thumb Drive. To add to what your said as well, there is no knowing if the PC can even boot from USB. So it is far easier to burn a CD and know it can work than to go through the trouble of making a USB Thumb Drive and find out it doesnt work.

Since he posted his motherboard model, it only takes a few minutes of looking in the manual online to see if it indeed can boot from USB.

And since it would be with Unetbootin, no it wouldn't be that tough to make a bootable flash drive. Download and run Unetbootin, pick the ISO, hit Start. Wait for it to get done, boot off of flash drive.

Not much trouble in finding if it wouldn't work either. Plug into a computer, delete the files (or format it). No harm, no foul. Would just take an extra little while to actually burn the ISO on a disc then.

Either way, was just providing another option; but like I said, it's a moot point now since he already got it running.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom