Windows XP Worth Buying?

Know of a good software for large data file recovery?

• Yes! (Plese reply)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No. Get One ASAP!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Get a real copy, as in the future MS will be stopping updates for burnt copy's, plus if you want to move upto 64Bit then you can for free. You never know what other software is incoporated into copied OS's.

XP is worth the buy since right now i find it as the most stable of the windows. 2000 and 2003 are good but 2000 will not be supported in a year or so and 2003 is more expensive to acquire. So if you are looking for an OS XP is the best choice at this point. As far as the pirated or real goes, spend the money and get it. Its tough to find a working pirated copy and it is illegal. It is worth the investment.

dexta182 said:
Get a real copy, as in the future MS will be stopping updates for burnt copy's, plus if you want to move upto 64Bit then you can for free. You never know what other software is incoporated into copied OS's.
Then it's a sad day for me. My origanal CD is scratched beyond repair but I made a backup that still works fine. I also hold my origanal XP certificate of authenticity or whatever you call it. So are you saying I may not be able to update :eek:

IMHO i think microsoft should reduce the price of thier os to $40 then the piracy rate would go down by heaps because it would just be easier to buy it. XP PRo is the most pirated os in the world.

waynejkruse10 said:
IMHO i think microsoft should reduce the price of thier os to $40 then the piracy rate would go down by heaps because it would just be easier to buy it. XP PRo is the most pirated os in the world.
Yeah, I really wish they would reduce the cost. I need to get it and I was really bummed about the near $100 price tag. I was even considering burning it but people say that it could be missing files and what not so I don't think I will do that......

plus its illegal.;)

i have encountered heaps of pirated XP cd's in my years, and for one thing i havnt come across missing or corrupted files ever. The people who say that there are heaps of corrupted and missing files on burned XP CD's, thats rubbish. But i still recomend you buy it.

Tyler1989 said:
Then it's a sad day for me. My origanal CD is scratched beyond repair but I made a backup that still works fine. I also hold my origanal XP certificate of authenticity or whatever you call it. So are you saying I may not be able to update :eek:

you can use any copy of xp and you will still be fine. enter you orignal key to your backup copy and you are fine. even if you have another different version of xp, you would enter the key that came with it,
then when it came time to activate, hit the change product key put your original key back in and it will go through. It wouldn't if you change hardware though.

I had a store sell me a copy of xp and they gave me a burnt cd copy with a legit eula.

BoobieSrUs said:
Lol, how can i get that Discount? Lol and is it build 1? I dont really wanna pay the $154 for it ...
Go to the Operating Systems page and find the Student Edition. You have to type in your College and your Student ID for there, so you do actually have to be a student, but if you are then it's not a bad discount. It's the Pro Upgrade version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom