Windows XP wont load , stuck on logon screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexredhed

Beta member
Recently my pc stopped loading into windows.
It would get past the windows xp black loading screen , the one with the bar.. and then it would go onto the next screen which has the windows xp logo and a light blue background. It would then stay there and not get to the desktop screen.

I have tried everything, using the recovery console via my windows xp OS cd , which says " The volume appears to contain one or more unrecoverable problems ".

I have installed winxp os on a seperate hard drive (g:) and when browsing via the new windows i see that the old operating system install (c:) and all the other data is still on my raid array. I can transfer the data off it onto my new hard drive (g:).
I also have ran scan disk on (c:), then defragmentor (as it was very fragmented) and then scan disk again.
However it still does not get past that blue windows login screen.

I have so many things set up on my original raid array windows install, so many things installed and downloaded i loath to format it all and put it all back on again.

Could someone give me some advice on how to get this working again, as i really have tried as much as i can.

Athlon 64 x2 4200
Asus a8n motherboard
2gb ram
2x 80gb raid array stripe 0 ( my original install of win xp c: )
1x 320 gb hard drive ( new win xp install, which works g: )
1x 200gb hard drive
geforce 6800 gt pci express
neopower 480w psu

Can someone help me please?

I didnt mention earlier but it gets stuck on that light blue windows xp screen if i try to boot up in any other mode.. like safe mode for example, just gets stuck there exactly the same.

Anyone know what it has ended up this way, or what i can do to fix it?

i keep checking my post and can add any more details if nessesary.

Alex

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom