Windows XP Wont Install NO MATTER WHAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

theusualfate

Solid State Member
Well first of all , my power source blew. So thus I replaced it. When I started it up again , windows froze , so I used my startup disk from ME to delete the partition , format it and vice versa. Then I boot up the windows xp pro cd from the drive and it goes to that blue screen , it says setup is starting windows and it just stops there , no action whatsoever. so as a test , i installed SusE (Linux) and Linux works perfectly fine but I dont really want Linux . So what could be wrong ?

I even tried my friends xp and it does the same thing

any help would be AMAZING

thx alot!!
happy nyear

Do you have a active partition set after you deleted the partition.
A: fdisk

I go into fdisk and delete the partition , then create a new one. Ive done this before.

so when on the a drive , i just type in fdisk , see the partition of C: (40gb) delete it , create a new one and format after rebooting.

What could be the problem is your version of windows xp for your computer is OEM (i belive thats the word im looking for?) witch means you cannot install it on a nother machine, the way it can tell is with the computers hardware, this happened to me when i upgraded my graphics card, you can fix this by calling up tech support and asking for a new CD.

Edit: IDE, i ment to say OEM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom