Windows XP won't boot up

Status
Not open for further replies.

chart47

Baseband Member
I run windows XP pro. Well the problem is it won't boot which is the obvious. This is what it's going and what I've done so far.

It would come to the windows boot up display and just stop. I can still move my mous around but the boot up process quits. well as we all know when you hit the F8 key during the os boot up process it brings you to the option of wanting to choose which what you want to do in the following:

Safe Mode
Safe Mode w/ Networking
Safe Mode w/ Command prompt
Last known good configuration
start windows normally

I even tried;
Delete restoration data and proceed to system boot menu

But for some reason no matter what I choose I can't get past the windows boot display... Any help would be great

Chris

When did it start doing this? Was there anything you changed before it went into this continuous loop?

And lastly, have you tried putting in the Windows XP CD and tried the repair command?

I would have used to the repair command provided with an XP disk but i sort of lost my copy. I've been searching for it and still plan on trying it before Igo to my final option of a reformat. In any case i did nothing to my computer prior to the continous loop and i get no error messages.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom