Windows XP won't boot

Status
Not open for further replies.

batpoomonkey

Beta member
Hi Guys

I have a major problem and I really don't know what to do. I was installing a fresh copy of windows xp on my laptop, and once it had formatted the hard-drive and started the installation the laptop cut out.

Now, as a result, when I turn the laptop on nothing happens at all. It doesn't boot from disk or CD and nothing comes on the screen.

Is there a way to solve this by installing BIOS or something or have is it completely knackered?

Any help will be appreciated

Thanks

can you hear the HD spin up or anthing? do you see anything on screen? can you smell anything like burned rubber? do the lights come on when you power it up?

When I press the power button the lights come on for the HD and power, then the cd drive spins and the lights on that flash. Sometimes you hear the hard-drive spin, but others it seems to do nothing. As for the screen, it seems to go light, then dark, then light over and over, but no characters on screen.

there isnt a chance you have another laptop around do you?
of the same company?

Do you have a VGA port on the back?

I don't have another laptop no. There is a VGA port on the back. I connected it to a monitor to see if it was just the monitor that was faulty, but when attached to a monitor, the screen goes off for about 5 secs, then comes on for about 3secs, with a - flashing in the top left hand corner.

Thanks for your thoughts

I'm thinking your machine is going... I would suggest (if you not comfortable with doing it your self) take it into a repair shop and have them look at it. If your ok with doing it, remove the keyboard, and look for burn marks and smell the board for burned silicon. Also, check your memory, and CPU for burn. Good luck...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom