Windows XP Whistler?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DISK

Baseband Member
While booting my girlfriend's comp, a boot screen shows up giving 2 choices:

1. Microsoft Windows XP Professional
2. Microsoft Whistler Personal

What is #2? I have never heard of it and do not know why it is there. I also haven't been able to get rid of this boot screen. Any ideas?

You been living in the dark ages for the last five years or summat?

WHISTLER was the M$'s codename for XP before it released the OS.

Whistler was available as a download (XP's beta version..........ie fully functional but still possibly buggy) to any interested parties through M$ channels or, as lots of people did ,thru' p2p.

M$s 'Longhorn' is in a similar position today......a codename for a (as yet) un-named OS....and can be downloaded via the same routes.

i just went to a ITT convention today and the rep from microsoft was showing us "windows longhorn", thats what they called it still. also they were introducing WinFX, i couldn't hear a damn thing he said though. it was so noisey and the speakers were so quiet.

what happens when u try to boot into whistler im curious, and to get rid of it u need to modify ur boot.ini. type msconfig in the run box and go to the boot.ini tab, if xp pro is the default os to be loaded( it loads if u dont press enter the os select screen after a period of time, u should b able to set the timeout to zero and the screen should never come up. also is the whistler beta and xp pro both installed, if they r get rid of whistler

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom