Windows XP Webcam and Yahoo Messenger

Status
Not open for further replies.

fryc86

In Runtime
Ok so I've been having the hardest time lately with my webcam working on yahoo messenger. The odd thing is that occasionally it works, and much of the time it doesn't.

It works fine in other programs as far as I can tell and I did some sort of compatibility test on internet explorer and it said my webcam is compatible with yahoo messenger.

But, pretty much everytime now when I invite one of my friends to view my webcam it says on their end that the webcam is not available or something. I checked all the settings and its set to allow viewers.

I've tried installing different versions of YM (using 9 now I think, its been the most stable so far.) and I've tried re-installing my webcam software. I recently (couple days ago) re-installed the whole XP computer, but no change in the webcam.

Is there something I can try to fix it?

I'm not exactly what kind of webcam it is, it came installed with the Windows XP on my MSI Wind netbook. If you need this info, where can I find out what it is? I think maybe Bison something...

any ideas?

Have you checked the MSI Site for any and all drivers and software for the webcam?

I'll do that now. I guess I figured the driver cd that came with my unit would have all that on there. thanks

While it may have the drivers, they could be old and outdated, might not be compatible with SP3 and so on. It is always best to check for the latest versions online.

I see. I'm looking and can't find the page to download the drivers. Can't find it on the MSI site or elsewhere...

I'm not sure what model you have of the Wind, but as far as I can tell, you won't find drivers on their site. If you could get us model numbers, we could find appropriate drivers.

Its the u-100. The first version of the wind I believe. Let me know what model numbers you need and I'll get it. Like I said I think it's bisoncam or something but don't know where to look to get any more information.

I'll keep looking for the right drivers. But if I don't have the right ones installed, then wouldn't that affect how the webcam operated in all programs? Why only yahoo messenger?

MSI Notebook Official Website

I see 7 different versions of the MSI Win u-100 listed. Find the version that matches yours, click on it, on that page there is a link to the Driver Downloads. Click that to get that page and get your drivers.

MSI Notebook Official Website

I see 7 different versions of the MSI Win u-100 listed. Find the version that matches yours, click on it, on that page there is a link to the Driver Downloads. Click that to get that page and get your drivers.

thanks. I did that and scrolled down to webcam drivers and it said there was no driver needed for my system. I'll probably just try and pick up a new webcam and see if it will work with yahoo messenger. Just not sure why my cam is fine for every program I use it in except for that one.

but thanks for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom