Windows XP upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
You should not lose anything when upgrading from XP Home to XP Pro. The only thing that might happen is some settings might be changed (i.e. java being enabled on your web browser) or something like that. One problem I have found when upgrading from XP Home to XP Pro is that sometimes your drivers to certain hardware do not respong properly to the upgrade. I recently tried to upgrade to XP Pro and the touchpad mouse on my laptop stopped working. There was an updated driver online but its just something to think about.

Ok. I just need to upgrade it so I can get some documents off of my locked up "C" Drive. Then I was going to use the disks I got with it to reformat it to its origionaly settings.

I didnt lose anything when i did that from me to pro, although it did hide some things.

Just curious: what do you mean your "locked up C drive"? There might be other, less tedious options than upgrading, which, depending on the situation, might not even work.

Cheers
DiggerB

I' not sure whether will lose data or not, just that whenyo upgrade from Win XP home to Pro, the file system is still FAT32, doesnt like Clean install of WinXp Pro that running NTFS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom