Windows XP theme won't load...

Status
Not open for further replies.

tommy8748

In Runtime
I started up my computer today only to come to the windows classic theme and not my original win xp theme. I have no clue as to what happened, can anybody help?

I tried configuring it in Control Panel but the Win XP theme turns to Classic again.

Right click on "My Computer", select Properties. Go to the Advance tab, under the Performance section, select "Settings..." At the Visual Effect tab, check "Adjust for best appearance" or mark all the checklist in custom.

If you ever have trouble with any installed themes down the road check in the C:\WINDOWS\Resources\Themes directory, I had a lot of trouble with that when I was trying to uninstall a bunch of themes added by some Themes utility I had a while back.

Law said:
Right click on "My Computer", select Properties. Go to the Advance tab, under the Performance section, select "Settings..." At the Visual Effect tab, check "Adjust for best appearance" or mark all the checklist in custom.
Still nothing.

Spork 2.0 said:
If you ever have trouble with any installed themes down the road check in the C:\WINDOWS\Resources\Themes directory, I had a lot of trouble with that when I was trying to uninstall a bunch of themes added by some Themes utility I had a while back.
Where can I get the Windows XP theme to put in that folder?

how come nobody suggested the obvious, im dissapointed in you law lol im just kidding. the first thing i would say is to right click on my computer go to manage then click on services and applications and then click on services. scroll all the way down and you will see a service called themes. then look at the status colum and it will say if its started or stoped. if that service is stoped you will get a 98 look on windows xp. just right click and start and xp theme will appear.

King X13 said:
how come nobody suggested the obvious, im dissapointed in you law lol im just kidding. the first thing i would say is to right click on my computer go to manage then click on services and applications and then click on services. scroll all the way down and you will see a service called themes. then look at the status colum and it will say if its started or stoped. if that service is stoped you will get a 98 look on windows xp. just right click and start and xp theme will appear.

to be honest i didnt even read the post hahaha all i read was the title and the last post which was "how to reinstall" so i posted those links :) i suggest checking that service though good catch king.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom