Windows XP Startup Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

gfX

Baseband Member
All right, Right now I am on my Dad's Laptop because I am having some problems getting into my computer.

I have Windows XP on my computer, and I was on it earlier and it was acting pretty slow and I had some problems accessing the Toolbar thing at the bottom, So I had to restart my computer by the button on the CPU, The not proper way.

The Computer shut down and so I turned it back on. Well now, when it loads the windows XP screen, all it does is keep repeating the same thing over and over and I cannot access the main screen where It shows the users where I login too. It goes to the Black Screen where it loads Windows XP and that stuff, and it keeps repeating.

Does anyone know this problem and what I can do? I really need to get on, and I do not have any idea what to do.

Thanks,

-gfX

That's my only option?! I don't have any of the Windows XP discs to reformat or Reinstall Windwos. I lost them

I've tryed that.. It just keeps repeating, I've tryed most options.

It sucks, I'll try again now as we speak but I dont think it will do anything.

Soory but only thing is to Either Reinstall or se if Windows can Repair. But both of those take the Windows Disks.

XP Repair install

Boot the computer using the XP CD. You may need to change the boot order in the system BIOS so the CD boots before the hard drive. Check your system documentation for steps to access the BIOS and change the boot order.
When you see the "Welcome To Setup" screen, you will see the options below
This portion of the Setup program prepares Microsoft
Windows XP to run on your computer:

To setup Windows XP now, press ENTER.

To repair a Windows XP installation using Recovery Console, press R.

To quit Setup without installing Windows XP, press F3.

Press Enter to start the Windows Setup. do not choose "To repair a Windows XP installation using the Recovery Console, press R", (you Do Not want to load Recovery Console). I repeat, do not choose "To repair a Windows XP installation using the Recovery Console, press R".
Accept the License Agreement and Windows will search for existing Windows installations.
Select the XP installation you want to repair from the list and press R to start the repair. If Repair is not one of the options, read this Warning#2!
Setup will copy the necessary files to the hard drive and reboot. Do not press any key to boot from CD when the message appears. Setup will continue as if it were doing a clean install, but your applications and settings will remain intact.

Wait, I think my dad has the disc from when he loaded it on his computer. Let me ask him and try to find that. If I can find it, I will post back in this topic and try what you said Warez.. Thank you very much - I'll get back with you guys and see what I got.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom