Windows Xp Startup Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

xXxexpertxXx

In Runtime
Hey, my friend is having a problem. His computer restarts 2 minutes after he logs on. So what i got him to do was go to "start". "run" and type "msconfig"
Than i asked him to go to Boot.ini and check /safeboot and than click apply and restart his computer well when it loaded up in safe mode. it restarted again so we decided to do a system repair. He inserted the windows XP disc and did a REPAIR now that its done it says

Windows Xp Setup cannot run under safe mode
Setup will restart now

Lol, i forgot to disable safemode. couldnt really get into the computer anyways to disable safemode cause it kept restarting as soon as he logged in. He even tryd pressing the space bar button to see if he can load normal windows but nothings working. So were wondering how the HECK do we load in windows Normaly (not in safe mode.)

If it crashes as soon as he logs on he will need safe mode it fix it. Plus your advice was wrong. You should not have had him do the /safeboot at all cause you can do a repair isntall at any time.

You insert and BOOT from the XP disc to do a repair install. You can not repair XP from safe mode the way you are trying to.

Restart? Go into MSConfig in safe mode?

What have you tried and what have you not tried?

I cant

Setup will restart now

This message is shown before the login and when i click OK it just restarts again

So reboot. Insert the XP Disc and do your repair install.

thats what we did and this problem still occurs. He repaird xp and it wont let him back in because !

Setup will restart now

Alright. You set it into this motion. You Have to get back into MSconfig. Did it go thru both steps of the XP Repair??

After he did a clean reformat it still continued to restart after and when the computer started back up it said that windows has recovered from an unexpected error or something...

He is having hardware issues. Have you had him turn OFF auto restart on system failure to get the BSOD error? Doesnt sound like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom