windows xp startup

Status
Not open for further replies.

krazyq

krazy Techie
I was wondering if there is a way to speed up my startup. I've tried using Bootvis but it works then it goes back to the way it was.
What speeds up and slows down your start up.

I currently have around 40 gigs left from 200gb...could that be the cause.

I would appreciate it for any tips.
Its just that at the windows xp screen from start up it takes a while on that screen.

Startup progams, goto Run -> msconfig then the Startup tab.... also a congested registry. I'de reccomend reformatting every now and then, I do it every month on my windows side, and RegistryScrubXP if your not on Vista / Older.

i know about the basic stuff like startup programs.
I do have a pretty good registry cleaner and about formating. I have a lot of games installed, i hate reinstalling them over again and all the softwares i have. It is my parents pc too so they use office. I usually make backups of the games I buy but i hate reinstalling them over and updating.

I was just wondering if there was a software available.
I guess when i get my new gfx card on monday i might reformat the whole thing.

Is your HDD a SATA or an IDE? When I had an IDE,and swapped to a SATA drive, it made quite a bit of difference.

i guess ill see the performance when my gfx card comes back. But for now i dont have the time to format and re install EVERYTHING.

Just looked your machine up... and yes, its an IDE drive. Going from IDE to SATA will speed up program loading times as well, by a bit. Can't remember what IDE transfer rate is (somebody help me on this one? xD), but SATA-II is 3.0GB/s, which will end up boosting your boot-up time/overall loading times =).

I think IDE had a max of 133 mb/s. Remember that while SATA's max output is theoretically 3 gb/s it's almost never moving at anything close to that. That's only under prime conditions. Still, it's a lot faster than ide ever was.

I think IDE had a max of 133 mb/s. Remember that while SATA's max output is theoretically 3 gb/s it's almost never moving at anything close to that. That's only under prime conditions. Still, it's a lot faster than ide ever was.

WRONG....
IDE-133 is 133MB/s
SATA-150 is 150MB/s
SATA-300 is 300MB/s
In reality, IDE-133 and SATA-150 are the SAME. SATA-300 is only TWO times faster than IDE-133, not a lot faster than IDE ever was. You have alot to learn so you better research before posting wrong information.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom