Windows XP start-up...

Status
Not open for further replies.

coolboy696

Baseband Member
For some stupid reason..i dont no wht...but everytime i turn my computer on....it will boot fine...but then when it gets the the main screen...lik the log on thing....it will sit there and say Windows Starting Up... and i think its totaly stupid...it will sit and sit...and then say welcome and be on its merry way...i hate the lag time... it takes me lik 3 minutes to boot up my machine... its so stupid...any ideas... and i tried lik Bootvis and stuff to try for a faster boot...and still nothing... so plez help.... i want a fast Windows XP Pro machine...not some junk... thanx

Have you played around with the startup items in Start>Run>MSConfig? If not try disabling everything but your firewall/anti-virus and the programs you want to open.

Try typing it so we can read it properly .............okay............can ...........you.............do..............that?

So your software is totally functional?. Under xp pro you should have about 45 processes or so under task manager, 3 mins sounds right, it takes a few to start, I must be reading that wrong. If you have an active connection, your op and posibly other programs will connect or check for updates, this will slow your system, if you notice trouble running other software, then your cpu is probably working beyond its capacity, of course. if its solely software related, check for new drivers, specifically video and monitor.

well actual...the time im talking about...is the welcome screen...and it sits and says Windows is Starting Up... then it says welcome.. and then it loads windows...

Slow loading of OS could also mean time for a defrag. you could check if thats the problem.

coolboy696 said:
For some stupid reason..i dont no wht...but everytime i turn my computer on....it will boot fine...but then when it gets the the main screen...lik the log on thing....it will sit there and say Windows Starting Up... and i think its totaly stupid...it will sit and sit...and then say welcome and be on its merry way...i hate the lag time... it takes me lik 3 minutes to boot up my machine... its so stupid...any ideas... and i tried lik Bootvis and stuff to try for a faster boot...and still nothing... so plez help.... i want a fast Windows XP Pro machine...not some junk... thanx

It's possible that you have a USB device connected to your computer that is causing the slow boot. Remove those devices, except mouse and keyboard, and see if your computer will start faster. Connect them one by one to see which one is causing your slow startup. If you do find out which device is slowing you down, reinstall the driver for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom