Windows XP setup question

Status
Not open for further replies.

CPonder14

In Runtime
i have a question about installing XP Professional SP2.

Once i get all my parts assembled, do i turn it on and tap the key that the motherboard says to get to the BIOS screen?

Once I'm there do i go to advanced settings, and as First Boot Drive put DVD? ( Does it give you options as to which ones you can chose from?) Then put Hard Drive as second boot drive?

From there do i save it and open up my DVD drive and put the XP disk in it, and then turn off the Computer, and then turn it back on. Then should i be good to go?

Appreciate any help

Everything so far is good. Once you've booted from cd, and done the preliminary setup, the system will reboot. Then you have to boot from the hard drive, not the cd, to continue the installation (but leave the cd in the drive).

Everything so far is good. Once you've booted from cd, and done the preliminary setup, the system will reboot. Then you have to boot from the hard drive, not the cd, to continue the installation (but leave the cd in the drive).

Will it say this in the installation that i have to boot from the Hard Drive, or do i have to know this?

or you will have to restart, prefarbly when it restarts go to the BIOS again and boot from the hard disk just so boot from cd dosnt come up on the POST screen

or you will have to restart, prefarbly when it restarts go to the BIOS again and boot from the hard disk just so boot from cd dosnt come up on the POST screen

Once its done installation, i should go back to CD first boot drive correct though right?

Once its done installation, i should go back to CD first boot drive correct though right?

Once windows is fully installed, it doesn't matter what order you boot devices in, just as long as you don't accidentally boot something from cd when you didn't want to.

if you do accidently boot from the cd dnt worry just restart your machine and pull out the disk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom