Windows XP Professional x64

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its the winXP PRO 64 bit version....a trial to test it out for 360 days. I dont know if you need it or not, or if it will help your computer...try it out

Since we'll probably be hearing back from you (because that's the standard around here for people asking about new tech) I want to be the first to say, now, that you should back up your files, make sure you have your original disk on hand, and that you read the technical notes and doco for the new OS build.

I'm sure we can trust you to be intelligent, so we shouldn't be hearing back from you anytime soon about how you "fked things up" and how "Microsoft sucks, they trashed my machine," right?

ok... If i have any really important things, i do either or all of these: a) save it onto a floppy, b) email it to myself so i have it on my gmail acount and yahoo one. c) put it on some webspace from my never used and never updated website.

I do plan to stay around for a long while, so i would always be learning, and i will help out someone if i do have the answer (thats if i actually know anything useful that will help)

and i don't think of my self as that kind of guy that takes out my life problems (about the pc) when i know there is never going to be a quick fix. and also if that does happen, i can always format c.

ok... If i have any really important things, i do either or all of these: a) save it onto a floppy, b) email it to myself so i have it on my gmail acount and yahoo one. c) put it on some webspace from my never used and never updated website.
Or better yet...burn it to a CD?
I do plan to stay around for a long while, so i would always be learning, and i will help out someone if i do have the answer (thats if i actually know anything useful that will help)
Great. Not to be rude, but, uh...you can start by using a period once in a while.
and i don't think of my self as that kind of guy that takes out my life problems (about the pc) when i know there is never going to be a quick fix. and also if that does happen, i can always format c.
The number of times I have heard people say that, then blow into some new program and come screaming back to us about how it's the world's fault and not their's that they never read the warnings or backed up their files, is numerically astounding.

Sadly my pc only has a dvd rom drive that doesn't really work that well.

i go to forums quite alot, and it is really annoying when someone goes to forums gets an answer and leaves the forum after that, and never comes back. I stay until i don't have the time to go to forums ( like exams coming up) so i would probally stay until i just dont have the time, which would probally be several years.

and what can i say about the last bit... just leave those sort of threads alone. Its not helping them at all. It would be better to be, any sujestions on how to fix that problem would be better.

i haven't got the computer yet, i only got this old one (the one with the specs in the sig)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom