Windows XP Professional will not detect my monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cipha0000

Beta member
I installed windows xp professional. When i booted my pc, everything went ok. When i got to the user logon screen, my monitor shutdown, it just went blank, the light was on, i dont have any problems with this monitor running windows 98, so that means that its nothing wrong with the monitor. My monitor is a presario 1500.

Even when i try to boot in safe mode or all other boot methods known, i still get this problem. I don't think there is a problem with my video card. If there is, what can i do? Are there any other solutions?

I did format then install winxp pro, it didnt work. I trying upgrading win98 and install winxp pro, that didnt work either. Yes i can access msdos prompt and bios. Do i need some kind of manufature driver floppy? if so, where do i download it?

I got windows xp professional running. I installed windows xp professional, the same problem accured when it got to the logon. I booted in safe mode using F8, and i enabled vga mode. Problem solved, i updated and everything seems ok. Thank you for your support!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom