Windows XP Professional + Intel Prescott = Not good match

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adrenalin

Solid State Member
Hmmm, My first post here and I've read a few and replied to one post. I'm all the way from South Africa where telecommunication prices are like petrol prices. Anywayz. Here's my system:

Intel Prescott Pentium 4 Socket 478 3.0Ghz with HT enabled.
Chaintech Apogee 9pJL2 Motherboard (Now known as the 865PE)
1 x Kingmax 512GB DDR400
1 x Corsair 512GB DDR400
Chaintech Geforce 6600GT (AGP 8X)
400W No name brand Power Supply
Western digital 200GB Sata HDD
Western Digital 40GB IDE HDD
Samsung SW-252B CD Writer (52x24x52)
Samsung SH-W08A DVD Writer (Faulty - Doesn't read/write DVD+R DVD's) <-= If anyone can help I would appreciate it, warranty has run out.

Ok so now, my problems vary quite a bit because I have 3 PC's, 2 old AMD's (One 1700+ one 2000+) and my Intel. Number one Microsoft made a balls up when they brought out Service Pack 2 because it needed a patch to run on the Intel Prescott CPU's (namely update KB5885626)

My first issue is when you go to download an update smaller then 1mb and you want to run it 3 hours later it says "This is not a valid Win32 application bla bla, what a **** up!! So everytime i format i have to download the KB885626 update because it's 400 some odd kb. Anyone got a solution? I'm NOt going to bullshit Microsoft's website because they suck! If I could use linux I would. (Long story)

My second issue is that Anti-Virus programs are just no good. They do more damage then good hey. Honestly. I have/had this problem where all my programs would be a ms-dos icon and a shortcut would be placed next to it with a ms-dos icon. Then when you double click on it and pause the window it says "This program is to big to fit into memory" So i uninstalled stupid Misrocoft MSN and messanger. This seems to work for now hey :) but I wouldn't mind any help if someone has had the same issue (maybe this even helps a few people).

Thirdly, my Age Of Empires didn't install before i formatted and came up with some "Error 1935 bla bla usual long story microsoft bullshit messaage I don't understand" "Please consult msi installer help" etc, anyone? After my format it worked you check.

I'd like to really get one forum where i can post alot of my problems and become part of the forum and help others with problems regularly. Aren't I a good little 56k connection sumaratin? Yes yes, I'm on a 56k slow old boring sky high priced connection! It sucks!

Anywayz okes (okes = slang for guys here in SA) thanks for the help. Really appreciated

Regards
Adrenalin :D :)

it's only about R499/month for aDSL if you're in the Sandton area and R479 for activation, i think. at least like that when i was there last year.

look it up bru!

Dude, I know that but certain circumstances don't allow me to do that kind of shit ... And no it's not bad credit either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom