Windows xp professional

Status
Not open for further replies.

james paterson

Beta member
I have xp installed and use dial up modem 56k connection. When someone switches user on the machine the link drops. I have been through everything I can think of and switched off all references I can see to only allowing one user to have a connection. Does anyone have any idea where I can look?

iirc, win XP prompts you to disconnect. if you tell it to leave the connection alone, you can then log onto another user and still use the connection...however the task bar icon is not viewable under that profile.

And you are just switching users, not just logging off and then on with a different one?

If so, I would make sure that there is nothing on the other users startup that is trying to dial out.

Ecniv said:
And you are just switching users, not just logging off and then on with a different one?

If so, I would make sure that there is nothing on the other users startup that is trying to dial out.

The key thing here is that your not loggin off but switching users! If you log off..then of course you will loose the connection! I don't know why it would do that though when just switching...a guy I know has no problem with that and he's on 56k!:confused:

Seloce said:
iirc, win XP prompts you to disconnect. if you tell it to leave the connection alone, you can then log onto another user and still use the connection...however the task bar icon is not viewable under that profile.

No I'm just switching users. Double clicking on the network connection icon in the system tray brings up all connections and they tell me that I'm disconnected. Only occasionally do I get a prompt when logging off a user to ask if I want to stay connected

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom