Windows XP problems help mehh :D - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 11-23-2006, 11:32 AM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Default Windows XP problems help mehh :D

ok so i have windows xp right and awhile i ago i switched my style to classic and put it in selective start up for the supposed preformance enhancement... then a couple days after that i started knowticing some problems =( when i go to close some proccesses in my task manager (i do this when my games start getting kind of choppy) the user names wouldnt display so i couldnt tell what was a system process/local proccess/or Houston's proccess =( so i thought maybe i should change my style back to xp for some odd reason and that style was no longer a choice infact the only choice is windows classic style now. Then i needed to print out a paper and my computer could no longer detect my plug and play printer which is most definately plugged in and turned on. so i tried to add a new printer and it says "operation could not be complete." i dont know what to deww can someone assist? would be much ablidged.

Old 11-24-2006, 04:18 AM   #2 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

the performance enhancement from running in classic mode is minimal, perhaps 5 mb ram and won't make much difference unless your running on about 256 mb ram.

First make sure the themes service is running & set to automatic (start - run - type 'services.msc' - hit 'enter'.

Now install this windows theme.

http://fileforum.betanews.com/detail...P/1162510646/1

Click apply & ok. See the new theme? Computer still running sluggish?

Take a look here for good performance tips:

http://www.tweakguides.com/TGTC.html

Old 11-24-2006, 12:26 PM   #3 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Hey thanks a bunches that fixed my xp style problem but the main problem was my printer not showing up :S and the user names not displaying in my task manager... i get 3 errors on start up :
1. Cannot find import; DLL may be missing, corrupt, or wrong version File "rtl70.bpl", error 126
2. Error loading C:\WINDOWS\System32\NvMcTray.dll
3. Error Loading C:WINDOWS\System32\NvCpl.dll the specified module could not be found.

the second and third im pretty sure are tied to my old nvidia graphx card but i use an ati now i dont know what the first one is though :S
Old 11-25-2006, 07:21 PM   #4 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

I'm not sure what rtl70.bpl is, google says its related to some sort of image converter. I suppose you could uninstall & reinstall that program. Same goes for printer drivers, might want to see if your printer is in device manager as well. Make CERTAIN 'Plug and play' service is turned on & set to automatic from start - run - services.msc - enter

Definitely time to do a clean uninstall & reinstall of nvidia drivers. Use this link to show how to do a clean uninstall.

http://www.tweakguides.com/NVFORCE_4.html

Then reinstall the drivers.

You can uncheck all nvidia startup items in start - run - msconfig - hit enter - nwiz, nvmctray, and NvCplDaemon. You can also go start - run -services.msc - enter and disalbe the nvidia service as its worthless.
Closed Thread