WINDOWS XP PROBLEM...NEED HELP!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tironel

Beta member
Ok I run windows xp but I run a dual boot partition set up with ubuntu. My problem is my computer has contracted some mean spyware or something and I cannot open any program what so ever I can start it up and boot up windows normally but after that nothing works. I just need to get a couple files off my computer before I do a complete system restore to factory settings. However, this is my question how? I have tried doing it via safe mode however an error occurs with my dual boot partition and I cannot do it via safe mode......I have my laptop networked with my home network however I do not think my wireless is starting up when i boot my laptop (the problem is i have now way to verify) please any suggestions I need help I do not care if your suggestion is extremely long nor tedious, I NEED THESE DOCUMENTS NOW. thank you all.

I have seen this situation several times. A repair-install of Windows might fix it, but not likely. You could try that first.
Second, if you have another computer to work from, download one of the free PE-based rescue CDs and either burn the CD or set up a bootable USB stick with the image. Then you can do just about anything... browse your hard drive for data, or even fix the malware problem.
There are probably some reputable rescue CDs that you could buy, if you can't download anything, but since I've always used the free stuff, I don't know what the commercial equivalents are. If you ask at a Best Buy or Target, maybe they'll have such a product?

It is 100% a malware which is restricting exe file to run , so in windows xp some restore point give u an option of the date and time like you can restore from a specific date and time so if you rember your important documents date so you can try restore after that date may be it will solve ur problem , it was happened with me but a restore it from one month ago date because i was not having any necessery douments

Boot up into Ubuntu using the live disc and get your files off of it that way.

You need to get some form of live cd, ubuntu, slax, knoppix.(these are free to download).. You can use the live cd to boot an then use a flash drive to copy the files you want off the system an then you can always do a restore of the system.

If you dual boot you should be able to access them from Ubuntu easily. Why use a Live CD if you already have Linux installed? Unless you cant get into your Ubuntu system as well. Which would be beyond just a simple infection.

You can also try the Spyware Asylum.

Moved to Windows. Infections are not hardware problems.

If you dual boot you should be able to access them from Ubuntu easily. Why use a Live CD if you already have Linux installed? Unless you cant get into your Ubuntu system as well. Which would be beyond just a simple infection.

Exactly what I was thinking...

hiren's boot cd has a nice look to it if you're more accustom to the windows xp gui. best buy employees aren't supposed to use anything except their "MRI" disc, so they may not be able to suggest much in the way of live cds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom