Windows XP problem - need help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well maybe because i dont use cheap mice. So no i woudlnt know. I make sure the mice i use are good. But even the one i got from Dell still did not act this way.

Again it would be due to the things i outlined previously.

I have a optical mouse and have never cleaned it. If you use it on 1 surface and do not get that surface dirty you only have to worry about some minor dust which you can blow off of there.

I have already given all the answers that i can. I am sick of arguing over a point that shouldnt even be argued over. You do not know his hardware and neither do i. The suggestions made can be followed and reported back upon. I do not assume that people use cheap hardware nor would i insult them to the point of even suggesting that. I give people the benefit of the doubt.

So you can continue on this debate if you wish. The OP has all the info he needs to try a few options and report back. Till then i am staying quiet.

Well the one thing still not asked yet would be if this was being seen on a corded or cordless mouse? The cordless models are known to have their own set of problems for various reasons.

I have a corded microsoft usb optical mouse. Its new. Ive always used this kind of mouse because the buttons are durable (I press hard on the buttons when playing quake 3 ;) ). I use a usb to ps/2 converter so I can enable system standby. I havent overclocked anything else except my processor. My laptop died recently so I have been forced to use my gaming desktop to connect to the internet. This is when the problem first occurred. My processor had been overclocked for months without a problem. Actually, the problem usually occurs when I use Creative MediaSource. I have to close MediaSource for the beeps to stop, then restart because every gui gets corrupted to the point where I cant even use them. Its odd because certain things will become disabled then re-enabled then disabled again. For example, my start button will not work, then it will, then it wont. Ive searched the internet for this problem and it seems like this problem has NEVER happened to anyone else. Ive tried repair installs, no luck. The only thing that fixes it is a fresh install of windows. I use bit defender total security for protection. I run the virus/spyware/every other bad thing out there, and it never detects anything. The first time I ran it did detect a few things. I have a Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Music sound card btw.

Alright have you tried Osiris's guide to spyware removal? If not try that. It should help you out. Also try the chipset drivers.

From the sounds of it the Creative drivers are the source of all evil for you. Shocking (Sarcasm as i know how bad these drivers are.) Now my question would be do you use the CD Drivers or ones downloaded from the net?

Check over at the Creative website. I know they have updated the Audigy and X-Fi drivers since the CD drivers were released. Maybe that will sort your issue out.

I uninstalled the drivers for my sound card. There was one change however. Before I did the reinstallation, in doom 3 under the sound options it said eax 4 was not available. Once I did the reinstallation it was available. The reinstallation didnt fix the crash problem. Today I went to click on an mp3 file that, by default opens with creative mediasource go, and nothing happened except a windows error beep. I had to restart my computer. I cant figure out what it might, except creative mediasource.

If the mouse is causing issues it could just be a faulty mouse driver try using windows update to get a new one. Still it could just be that you got a mouse with a intermittent fault that allowed it to pass quality control. Have you tried this mouse on a other computer for any length of time?

An as mak said try a different media player, WinAmp or Windows media player, creative drivers seem to be problematic.

It doesnt matter what media application I use. The problem still occurs. Whether it be Windows Media Player or Creative MediaSource, the problem is still present. As I said in a previous, my gaming desktop wasnt connected to the internet. Since my my laptop died, I was forced to use my desktop, which forced me to use internet on it. Thats when the problem started happening. I have done countless repair installs and fresh installs. The problem never goes away. When I connected to the internet I was protected by ZoneAlarm's firewall. Maybe some threat got on to the computer through a bad download and now the threat is in the boot sector. If thats the case then a fresh install wouldnt erase it. Ive scanned my computer with countless anti threat programs. It still doesnt fix the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom