Windows XP Pro x64 Not Buggy - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 12-19-2005, 08:08 PM   #1 (permalink)
Wizard Techie

Default Windows XP Pro x64 Not Buggy

I just want to know why everyone is against this OS it's not buggy as everyone says it is.

Vista Discussion | 64 Bit Discussion |Microsoft Homepage | Yo Linux | Paul Thurrott | Fire Fox | Thunder Bird | Image Shack | Photo Bucket | Put File | Anti-Spyware | MS Anti-Spyware | Trillian | Anti-Virus | On Line Virus Scan
Old 12-19-2005, 08:17 PM   #2 (permalink)
Chillin Techie

probably because they had it installed for more than 2 days to test it like you, so they know the shortcomings

plus there really isn't anything but adobe products that are out there to take advantage of the technology

I remember when you first came here. you said basically that windows 2000 was junk and vista rules and it was stable, yet now you don't even want to be bother with vista because you know now that it isn't true

xp64 is the same way. some software just won't work on it

Old 12-19-2005, 08:51 PM   #3 (permalink)
Wizard Techie

Quote:
Originally posted by EricB
probably because they had it installed for more than 2 days to test it like you, so they know the shortcomings

plus there really isn't anything but adobe products that are out there to take advantage of the technology

I remember when you first came here. you said basically that windows 2000 was junk and vista rules and it was stable, yet now you don't even want to be bother with vista because you know now that it isn't true

xp64 is the same way. some software just won't work on it
true but I've used it much longer but now I actually own it. As for bringing up the past yes I still hold my belief Win2K will rot and I also think Vista rules. I do not use anymore true but that is because I grew tired of constantly getting the lattest version and a few ocasional bugs which are normal for a Beta. Do not count that unofficial leaked November CTP. I also do not think my biggest arguement was stability though I did say it was I was focusing more on Security which Vista clearly is.

Asides from all that. Duel Core is a great OS for the gamers, and for the developers. take into account that todays games are not even utilised for duel core at this point yet they are taking advantage. And yes 16 bit software what ever will we do without it?

And aside from the performance increase lets look at stability which this topic is about. It is perfectly stable. It is more secure than Windows XP being built off Windows Server 2003 Code.
Vista Discussion | 64 Bit Discussion |Microsoft Homepage | Yo Linux | Paul Thurrott | Fire Fox | Thunder Bird | Image Shack | Photo Bucket | Put File | Anti-Spyware | MS Anti-Spyware | Trillian | Anti-Virus | On Line Virus Scan
Old 12-20-2005, 12:05 PM   #4 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description

Send a message via ICQ to Osiris Send a message via AIM to Osiris Send a message via MSN to Osiris Send a message via Yahoo to Osiris

I dont think its the buggyness, its the lack of driver support
Old 12-20-2005, 03:00 PM   #5 (permalink)
Wizard Techie

I'll agree with you onthat warez. But most of these machines that run the OS have recently been built or not too old (under a year) you would think people have enough common sense to check for driver support before you make the purchase.
Old 12-20-2005, 03:09 PM   #6 (permalink)
Chillin Techie

I didn't have a driver problem. mine was software. after it reject my 4th software on the 1st day, I scrapped it
Old 12-20-2005, 03:19 PM   #7 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description

Send a message via ICQ to Osiris Send a message via AIM to Osiris Send a message via MSN to Osiris Send a message via Yahoo to Osiris

what software was that?
Old 12-20-2005, 03:37 PM   #8 (permalink)
Chillin Techie

zone alarm, vcom systemsuite and incredimail and there was something else. after vcom installed I reboot to the bsod
Old 12-20-2005, 04:57 PM   #9 (permalink)
Wizard Techie

I normally don't use zone alarm but I'll take you up on that offer and see if it works. Which it should I doubt it uses legacy 16 bit code.
Old 12-20-2005, 07:31 PM   #10 (permalink)
Chillin Techie

they said on this forum that a lot of AV's didn't work

Closed Thread