Windows XP Pro Startup Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

0tz

In Runtime
Few months ago, I made a copy of my Windows XP cd..Now, I cant use my back up cd because it has no bootup or startup something like that so MS-DOS prompt me of error boot drive, please insert another media then press ENTER (Im not sure about what it stated I forgot )..One of my friend told me that it was integrated in the XP cd that the boot files cant be copied to prevent piracy is that true? My original XP cd cant be used anymore also because of so many scratches in it..

Now I purchased a new HD and daydreaming of how shall I install my WinXP using the back up cd that I have...Is there something like a start up disk like that of Win98? Or any other way? Please help...TY

you were suppose to rip it as an iso, then copy it back
or rip it with nlite.

you can import it with nlite now and make it a bootable iso

baronvongogo said:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...8D-5E10-49B5-B80C-0A0205368124&displaylang=en

think this is the boot disk it takes 6 floppies i believe might be mistaken though.

Why cant you boot with CD? did you set the CD drive as the first boot device in the BIOS? and it doesn't matter if xp is a copy as long as you have your original serial key should be fine.

Yup I set it as the first boot device...But it seems that it cant read my cd...

I have installed my XP last time by installing first Win98 then upgrade. But since now I want a clean installation of XP, thats why Im having these problems.

Anyway thanks for the links Ill better check it out when I arrive home....

by the way, my cd has no sp2 so it means i should make a boot cd that is not intended for winxp sp2?

you download and install nlite. you put the xp cd in the drive where it ask for the location of the xp cd. it will rip the contents to the hdd. if will give you a bunch of options. only pick create a bootable iso option.

now burn that iso to cd with nero, poweriso or alcohol. it will boot now. I have a super windows dvd, which have every version of windows on it, but it never seem to work right straight from the dvd. so I burn each windows xp folder to it's own disc. if I do it without importing the folder into nlite. they won't boot

the highlighted folder are the different version of windows that i have broke down into single copies

Superwindows.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom