Windows XP Pro (not original)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ilyabyk83

Solid State Member
Hello! I have a bit of a problem! I had downloaded a full version of Microsoft Windows XP Professional, burned it to a CD, restart the comp, but it skip right over it, it spins it when I already got the "Microsoft Windows XP" logo! I pressed F8 and chose "Boot of the CD", but nothing, same thing as before, skips over it! How can I make it to boot/start the installation?:eek:

It sounds like it isnt a bootable CD. At that point there really isnt much you can do but get the files needed to make it bootable and reburn it.

You can't do too much here. We don't support illegal stuff.

You will have to grab a copy of XP Pro OEM for about $120.

ilyabyk83 said:
Hello! I have a bit of a problem! I had downloaded a full version of Microsoft Windows XP Professional, burned it to a CD, restart the comp, but it skip right over it, it spins it when I already got the "Microsoft Windows XP" logo! I pressed F8 and chose "Boot of the CD", but nothing, same thing as before, skips over it! How can I make it to boot/start the installation?:eek:

:confused:

Was this purchase? Because you can buy downloadable copies I believe but it's probably not genuine stuff.

as people say you should buy it,because Microsoft installed an authenticity check on their site,so you couldn't download updates at all.

mal said:
as people say you should buy it,because Microsoft installed an authenticity check on their site,so you couldn't download updates at all.

Windows XP has a built-in update manager, and it works on pirated copies, except for service packs, but those are slipstreamed easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom