Windows Xp Pro with no wireless support?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teck House

Solid State Member
A friend of mine recently bunged up his laptop with a ton of viruses, and my old friend, spy sheriff. It was at the point where windows would boot, go to desktop for about 5 seconds and crash. Safe mode yielded no results as explorer would crash promptly. I zeroed the disc and did a clean install.

He was using a wpc54g ver3 wireless network router but its not even picking it up. As a matter of fact, windows isnt showing any signs of a wireless network. Nothing in Network Connections about wireless connections..

Anyone have any ideas on how i can enable the wireless network?

Its a problem with the card, not the router. there are some cards that wont work with window's wireless zero config. An old linksys card that I had didnt work with it and I had to install another utility. check in the manual and see if it says anything about that

The card worked perfectly before the reformat. My question is, Why does windows not give me an option to enable wireless networking?

Teck House said:
The card worked perfectly before the reformat. My question is, Why does windows not give me an option to enable wireless networking?

you obviously ignored my post

what the name of the wireless card? is it an internal or external card? what the name of the laptop? lastly did you try the last 2 wireless things in control panel?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom