Windows xp pro login problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pooka

Baseband Member
The other day for the first time instead of booting straight to desktop, my system asked to login as admin or under my name. I selected admin and went on my way. Today my computer boots to the login screen and only has my name... no admin. When I click my name, it loads for a brief second and then says it is saving my personal settings. Then it repeats. I cannot log on to do anything.

My system:

AMD 64 3200
MSI K8T NEO motherboard
gig 3200 ram
x800 pro
Windows XP pro sp1

Obviously im on another system now.

For default, while booting it will hide admin account and show only user account which u create during install OS.

I can attempt to login as admin, but it does the same thing and loads profile for a brief second and then saves settings ... repeat.

I have tried to boot my burned windows xp pro install and when i do the installation setup it goes to a screen that says "setup did not find any hard disk drives installed in your computer." etc.. f3 to exit. And of course my HD was working fine the other day.

xp logs on and logs off

hi
this has been a common problem now a days .
this is caused if your userint file ahs gone corrupted due to some desktop virus.

just try these stpes.
we have a had around 80% succes from this solution.
Go in recovery console using windows xp CD

You will be in C:\windows
type 'cd system32'
the directory should now be C:\windows\system32
type 'copy userinit.exe wsaupdater.exe'
Take out the cd and type exit at recovery console and restart the computer

Startup your computer and login using your username
Start < Run < Regedit
- Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WindowsNT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon and change
Userinit to "C:\WINDOWS\system32\userinit.exe

When I hit f11 and go boot from cd, I get an error after I hit enter for setup and says that my hard drive is not installed on my computer and I am forced to exit by f3.

I can however get a dos prompt from a floppy but dont know what to do at the A:\ prompt.

Pooka said:
When I hit f11 and go boot from cd, I get an error after I hit enter for setup and says that my hard drive is not installed on my computer and I am forced to exit by f3.

I can however get a dos prompt from a floppy but dont know what to do at the A:\ prompt.

run fdisk from your floppy and see what it says about your hardrive

Not quite sure what you mean. I don't know DOS at all. at the A:\ prompt i type fdisk and it says bad mojo. I am just booting cold to a dos floppy. do i need to change the command to C drive and how?

Pooka said:
Not quite sure what you mean. I don't know DOS at all. at the A:\ prompt i type fdisk and it says bad mojo. I am just booting cold to a dos floppy. do i need to change the command to C drive and how?

let's backup here. do you know how to get into bios and see if your hardrive is recognized?

Says primary IDE master and slave not installed. Is that what Im looking for?

AMIBIOS 3.31a

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom