Windows Xp PRO install error on raid 0

Status
Not open for further replies.

silverferro

Beta member
Hi, I have MSI K7N2 Delta2 Motherboard,and two IDE Maxtor Hardrives. Diamond Max 9 and Diamond Max 10 both of same capacity(80 Gigs).

I have followed the motherboard's manuel and followed everything step by step to setup Raid 0. The computer detects both drives as one. I have no problems until this stage, I even confirmed this by booting with Acornis Disk Director and it shows both drives as one large 155.33 Gig drive.

When I start to install Windows XP Pro, I press F6 and install the Raid drivers from floppy and windows installation continues. But when it had loaded all other drivers and files necessary to install windows, the blue screen with an error message saying "windows will halt to prevent hardware damage" or something like that. And the usual check for virus, check for disk errors, make sure newly added controllers are setup properly and so on ect....

I have tried alot of things :

- bios set to defaults.
- tried downloading latest raid driver and all previous versions I can get my hands on
- Checked hardware setup many times (All are ok)
- windows CD not corrupted as I tried installing it on another machine to test.
- crossing my fingers and praying hard that it will work this time (again and again)

What is wrong? Can anyone help me please.

Have you tried to hit F6 during the install and use the 3rd party driver install so that Windows XP will recognize the RAID config?

check to make sure both of your drives are compatible with your mobo and also check your chipset. I know some hard drives with certain chipsets arent compat. and the manufacturer is diamond max 10 so check that

@Makaveli213

I mentioned that i belive you over looked it.Yes i have pressed F6 and installed the drivers from floppy.

Sounds as if the RAID drivers are bad. Check to make sure that they were downlaoded alright. If you get that BSOD it should give you a Stop Error code. That code will better help us out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom