Windows Xp Pro boot loop

Status
Not open for further replies.

PowerGrip

Baseband Member
I start the computer. It asks me if I want safe mode or normal or safemode with networking, or last known good configuration. I have tried them all and before windows boots it loops back into that same menu. I have no idea what to do. Is this a bios thing or a memory thing?

Thanks

Sorry that's not an option. This is happening in our Kamloops branch and I'm in Vancouver area. (Long way away) The employees there arn't computer savy and the main tech guy is on vacation. lol I'm stuck trying to figure it out. lol Oh well. Any other ideas?

Thanks,

Hey PowerGrip can you paste the bootini command, to do so right click on My Computer and select properties. Click on Advanced tab and on the bottom you'll see startup and recovery. Click on the settings button. You will see the line that says "To edit the startup file manually, click edit" so just click edit and should open in notepad and paste them so I can see.

do you have a xp cd?

you could try the recovery console.

just pop it in and it will give you some options.

Law said:
Hey PowerGrip can you paste the bootini command, to do so right click on My Computer and select properties. Click on Advanced tab and on the bottom you'll see startup and recovery. Click on the settings button. You will see the line that says "To edit the startup file manually, click edit" so just click edit and should open in notepad and paste them so I can see.

i don't think he can do that since he can't even get in to windows?

Xp is corrupted. As said above, boot from the XP cd and then attempt a repair of windows when prompted after setup loads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom