windows xp password bypass

Status
Not open for further replies.

mode8power

Baseband Member
how do u setup windows xp to skip having to ask for password when it first boots up, but ask when u logoff, switch user, or goes into screen saver mode and try to log back on?

well, that wasn't what i exactly wanted. ill try to explain a little more. ok. when u first start the computer, normally if u have a password on the account, you would need to enter the username and password. if u dont have a password, u dont have to enter one. but what i want is to be able to start the computer on the first try and have it boot all the way to the desktop without asking for password. but after its booted, if i goes into screen saver mode(wiht password protect) or when u switch users, u would need to enter a password. i have no idea how i did it, but i used a custom install cd, but i dont have it anymore. hope that helps.

is this what you mean,

click start.
click run.
type "control userpasswords2"
choose an account.
uncheck "users must enter a user name and password to use this computer"

well, that wasn't what i exactly wanted. ill try to explain a little more. ok. when u first start the computer, normally if u have a password on the account, you would need to enter the username and password. if u dont have a password, u dont have to enter one. but what i want is to be able to start the computer on the first try and have it boot all the way to the desktop without asking for password. but after its booted, if i goes into screen saver mode(wiht password protect) or when u switch users, u would need to enter a password. i have no idea how i did it, but i used a custom install cd, but i dont have it anymore. hope that helps.

The link that I posted should do exactly that. If by some chance it doesn't, follow those directions, but also under the screen saver properties, check the "On resume, password protect" box.

is this what you mean,

click start.
click run.
type "control userpasswords2"
choose an account.
uncheck "users must enter a user name and password to use this computer"

Thats the same thing as I posted above

what the purpose of that if all a person have to do if restart the computer to bypass the password?

Well I don't think that he made the password, he doesn't want the password prompt to be shown.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom