Windows XP outshines Vista in benchmarking test

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont want to argue over this. Yeah i was a early pioneer. And as such i had more troubles than you folks do now. Losing my partition tables, losing data, having the OS crash upon boot. All sorts of things that i worked thru.

I do not want Vista to work. Cause it does work. I have made it work for me. Is it slower than XP. Yes but jsut a little bit that i can live with. Is it better than XP. IMO yes. I like what they did with Vista and think it is a better OS.

Also look at the trends in Updates. Vista has 40 this past year. XP has had more than that. Just since February there was at least 98. 40 updates seems like a better number to me than 98.

So you can say i am brainwashed. But the truth is i am not. I barely use Vista. I barely use XP anymore. I use either Linux or OS X. I only go back to Windows for gaming now. If i was so brainwashed i wouldnt even allow those on my system. I have said all i want to on this. I dont really want to argue. But if you really look into this you will see that what i have said is right. There are far less updates out for Vista than XP and the requirements are at least double what they were for the previous OS.

you don't argue linux or os x's causes like you do vista's. you get offended about everything anybody says about vista. if you didn't care you wouldn't be so offended

updates doesn't have much to do about anything. I never update. I never have any problem. when the latest service pack comes out I'll slipstream it. the simple fact is that xp with no service packs or one or two along vcom systemsuite will keep anybody happy

You know what you are right. Partially. I do get upset when i see people bash Vista. I guess that being a Beta Tester and having many more harsh experiences that many of you have got me a little sour on this subject. But after all the bad times i think we as Beta Testers did the best we could to get out a good product. We found several thousand bugs and got the OS in fairly good condition for release.

Gratned there are more things that we found. But M$ pushed it out. Seeing nothing but bad comments about Vista just makes me ****ed cause i put a lot of hard work and time into getting the OS to where it was along with all the other testers. Then to see nothing but ridicule and detest from everyone is kida upsetting and unerving. We worked hard for 2 years on this project and we dont get any love for it.

But on the same note i have defended Linux and OS X. In the Linux forums here i have defended how Ubuntu is better than PCLinuxOS. I have defended OS X at other places. I think that i just need to stop reading these Vista topics and taking it so personally. But at times it feels like that sicne i was a Beta tester that i am being attack for not doing a good job on the product cause of the fact everyone hates it. that is a tough thing to see every second of everyday.

I just dont wish to fight over XP/Vista/Linux/OS X anymore. We each have our own opinion. It just saddens me that people try so hard to put down something that is not all that bad if you giev it a shot.

My biggest gripe about Vista, honestly, is how MS is trying to force it on people. I have XP, and I have it set the way I want it. Why should I be force to pay in excess of a hundred bucks for something I don't see the need for? Sure, I can use XP for now, but how long will it be before MS pulls the plug on it?

I despise anyone forcing me to do something, be it a person, a law, or a company. If MS wants everyone to have Vista so stinking bad, make it affordable. Ripping us for all they can and not even giving a reach-around is just wrong.

Well i will admit that their pricing isnt fair at all. That is one thing that is wrong with the OS.

If it were affordable, I would love to have Vista Ultimate. All of my hardware and peripherals would work with it, and I like some of its features. But I refuse to pay anywhere near what they want for it.

My biggest gripe about Vista, honestly, is how MS is trying to force it on people. I have XP, and I have it set the way I want it. Why should I be force to pay in excess of a hundred bucks for something I don't see the need for? Sure, I can use XP for now, but how long will it be before MS pulls the plug on it?

I despise anyone forcing me to do something, be it a person, a law, or a company. If MS wants everyone to have Vista so stinking bad, make it affordable. Ripping us for all they can and not even giving a reach-around is just wrong.
But it's the same thing that happened when XP came out. XP shifted everyone toward the NT line and really messed up the 95 line compatibility. Before that there was the whole Windows 95 thing. It totally threw the world for a loop because it changed everything from 16-bit to 32-bit. It's the same with video game consoles. A new one comes out and the old one is obsolete. That's just unfortunately the way the world works.

If it were affordable, I would love to have Vista Ultimate. All of my hardware and peripherals would work with it, and I like some of its features. But I refuse to pay anywhere near what they want for it.
That is a fair statement. My biggest complaint is that they have 4 different versions and the only one that gives you everything you need is ridiculously priced. But it's not just a Microsoft thing. I'd like to have a Playstation 3, too. It's the direction this greedy world is going. It kind of gives you a little more respect for things like Ubuntu, where every new release will always be free of charge.

But it's the same thing that happened when XP came out. XP shifted everyone toward the NT line and really messed up the 95 line compatibility. Before that there was the whole Windows 95 thing. It totally threw the world for a loop because it changed everything from 16-bit to 32-bit. It's the same with video game consoles. A new one comes out and the old one is obsolete. That's just unfortunately the way the world works.

That is a fair statement. My biggest complaint is that they have 4 different versions and the only one that gives you everything you need is ridiculously priced. But it's not just a Microsoft thing. I'd like to have a Playstation 3, too. It's the direction this greedy world is going. It kind of gives you a little more respect for things like Ubuntu, where every new release will always be free of charge.

their original plan was to lease vista (longhorn)

their original plan was to lease vista (longhorn)

I remember that. When they talked about a yearly subscription fee like Anti-Viruses use. That was short lived though as they knew they could never hold that up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom