Windows XP outshines Vista in benchmarking test

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats like saying 'you get better fps in CS 1.6 than CS:Source'. Ya think? The Big question, do the features of Vista justify the performance decrease.

Never win the arguement on this.

Vista today = XP 6 years ago. Stop complaining! - Neowin Forums

Neowin.net - Raise your hand if you're tired of negative Vista articles

Plain and simple. People just want a reason to gripe about Vista. Just like they did about XP. Then they will complain about Window 7. It dont matter if the hardware was tops for XP bottom for Vista. They will then just argue that the requiremetn to run Vista is so out of control. Even though the requirements to run XP were just about as bad when XP came out as they were for when Vista came out. XP was double that of 98SE. But yet no one says a word fo that.

So i just try and leave these alone.

Never win the arguement on this.

Vista today = XP 6 years ago. Stop complaining! - Neowin Forums

Neowin.net - Raise your hand if you're tired of negative Vista articles

Plain and simple. People just want a reason to gripe about Vista. Just like they did about XP. Then they will complain about Window 7. It dont matter if the hardware was tops for XP bottom for Vista. They will then just argue that the requiremetn to run Vista is so out of control. Even though the requirements to run XP were just about as bad when XP came out as they were for when Vista came out. XP was double that of 98SE. But yet no one says a word fo that.

So i just try and leave these alone.

Mak. you are a friend of mine. I value your opinion on most things.

but on this subject you are bias in your opinion because you want vista to work. maybe it's because you were an early pioneer in it.

despite what you think, people didn't hate xp when it first came out. only the old dos heads didn't like xp. they would come to later change their mind once they realize that xp was easier to use than dos. the service packs didn't change their minds

this was the one (and only) big issue with xp. if you had roxio easy cd creator 5 and under (million of people did as it was the preferred and easiest cd writing software of the time) and you didn't have enough sense to not install directcd through a custom install (which million of people didn't enough sense to do) which treated a cd as a floppy disc. then you would end up with a crashed computer (bsod)

roxio seemed unwilling at the time to fix the issue because roxio was the market to cd writing like norton was to anti viruses. people came to find out that nero would work with xp and it now had a new Feature. it could burn video dvd. if you could get an unencrypted dvd to your hard drive, then nero would burn it. roxio had plegded to never included this feature. after a few millions in losses they changed their mind

guess what happened? everybody flocked to nero

vista is not the same as xp. it is a bloated slowed down version of xp this bull about vista having as many issues as xp when xp first came out is part of their brainwashing tactics to get you to like it.

you can say all that you want, but the simple fact is america is built on brainwashing. they have just got a little too stupid with it in the past 7 years. corperations plays a major part in brainwashing

I dont want to argue over this. Yeah i was a early pioneer. And as such i had more troubles than you folks do now. Losing my partition tables, losing data, having the OS crash upon boot. All sorts of things that i worked thru.

I do not want Vista to work. Cause it does work. I have made it work for me. Is it slower than XP. Yes but jsut a little bit that i can live with. Is it better than XP. IMO yes. I like what they did with Vista and think it is a better OS.

Also look at the trends in Updates. Vista has 40 this past year. XP has had more than that. Just since February there was at least 98. 40 updates seems like a better number to me than 98.

So you can say i am brainwashed. But the truth is i am not. I barely use Vista. I barely use XP anymore. I use either Linux or OS X. I only go back to Windows for gaming now. If i was so brainwashed i wouldnt even allow those on my system. I have said all i want to on this. I dont really want to argue. But if you really look into this you will see that what i have said is right. There are far less updates out for Vista than XP and the requirements are at least double what they were for the previous OS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom