Windows XP OEM

Status
Not open for further replies.

jay_bo

Daemon Poster
I know what is ment by "OEM" that it aint in its orignal package. But will the windows xp have anything missing

tht links seems to be faulty but will the windows XP OEM be the same as the boxed version

I do have it installed but what is it i need to know before buying OEM products

OEM is an acronym for "Original Equipment Manufacturer". Normally OEM software comes with brand new computers only.

The OEM software is absolutely identical to the software found in a full version retail box product. The difference is a printed manual and a box that come with a retail version. OEM software is usually distributed without a box and a printed manual included. OEM versions often come with only an electronic help manual which is built into the software. Purchasing OEM software one gets the full version of the program recorded on a CD-ROM disk and the serial number required for the installation of the program.

Since OEM software is typically sold to more advanced users, system builders and computer consultants there is no technical support provided by the software manufacturer. However, because of the substantial support savings to the manufacturer the OEM versions are offered for sale at a significantly lower price.

Retail versions of software are MUCH more expensive than OEM versions. Thus if you need the software, it's a great way to save tens or hundreds of dollars off of the retail, boxed version you would buy in the store.

thanks for your help i did know most of that but i just wanted to check before buying because i have built my own computer and just need a windows XP disc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom