Not open for further replies.

megadieftw

Beta member
Basically I have windows xp 2002 service pack 2 on a:

dell dimension dc051
intel celeron cpu 3.06ghz
504mb of ram
physical address extension

which has been working fine for the past few years however suddenly it has started freezing/crashing on startup. I turn on the pc and log into my profile and then after about a minute (of me doing nothing and waiting for it to load) the computer just freezes up.

I reboot and then try again and usually the same thing happens about 5 times before the computer loads up properly and then works fine albiet very slowly.

recently however this problem has been getting a lot worse and sometimes it has taken an hour of rebooting before the computer has worked.

I can provide more information (probably) if needed (i might need help finding it) but please help me solve this as i am at a complete loss

have you tried logging in as another user? if you can logon fine as another user, the problem is with your user profile "documents and settings\username".

a hijackthis log could show us what is loading at startup.

hmm that could be it because as far as i am aware signing in on other users is fine. How do you do a hijackthis log?

and thanks btw

this site has a subforum for hijackthis. i think its under virus & such. you should be able to find it in the forum list drop down in the lower right of this page.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom