Windows xp not installing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monster00

Daemon Poster
sup guys. Im trying to install a new version of windows xp pro. My computer has been broken ever since one morning i woke up turned on the screen and it froze up. I tried to restart and reboot it but it would get to the windows load screen and it would just stay there for a few seconds and then it would reboot its self. I would then try to put it in safe mode and when it restarted its self, it would do the same thing. I tried to put a new hard drive in it and install windows. After it would get done loading all the files it would go to the blue screen. It would say something like... Your computer has been shut down so it does not do damage to its self or something like that. I tried to reset BIOS and everything. Nothing. I need help fast. These are my computer specs:

Intel 2.8 with HT
9800 XT video card
1500 MB of memory
80 GB Western digital hard drive ( old hard drive was a maxtor 40 GB)

Thanks

Check the Temperature... This happened to me when I first setup my machine.

Got a fan out? All fans spool up once power is applied?

Sounds hardware related to me, try booting with just the bare necessities. Onboard video, 1 stick of Ram and go from there replacing one thing at a time till it does it again.

ok well i tried doing that and i dont know what i did... but now it comes up with a black screen and it says looking for p4p800s.rom searching floppy and searching cd-rom. Then it just keeps saying that. What do i do now? is this a good thing or....

tell us the error message on the blue screen. it sounds like a bad video card or ram or maybe you overclocked it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom