Windows XP Not Booting. Tried many fixes already! Please Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry to bump and be an annoyance. Just curious if this was the correct info to give you guys, and what my next step should be. Thanks!

Since the chkdsk came back ok, and you're still getting nowhere, you'll want to try using the XP disc and do a fixboot and fixmbr commands.

I'm not sure if you'll want to use the Vista disc for this, because Vista has a different way of booting than XP and you could mess it up even more if you use the Vista disc.

Ok, I'll try my XP cd again. Last time I tried I think it blue screened again after the chkdsk. If it does, I think I will try burning the ISO from the link you gave me. Thanks!

Ok... so where are you getting the BSOD at exactly? I'm not clear on this.

Are you getting it while you're in the booted CD environment?

I would look into burning a Memtest86+ ISO, and check your RAM for faults possibly, if its BSOD'ing in the CD environment.

It could also be some other piece of hardware that's failing if you're receiving the BSOD while inside the environment.

Ok, thanks. The XP cd blue screens after it loads all of the stuff from the cd. Do you know what I mean? It seems to blue screen right when it is about to "Start Windows." And by "Start Windows," I mean right before it is about to go into the screen that would let me actually choose to install windows or choose to go to the recovery console. Does that make sense, how I explained it?

Yeah it makes sense.

Like I said, start by checking your RAM with Memtest86+. Let it run for a few hours minimum.

Ok, cool. I'll definitely give it a try. Thanks! I just ran the on-board diagnostics for the hard-drive, and now I'm doing the the start-up diag test. Then I'll burn the memtest. Thanks again.

No problem and good luck.

If possible, its best to test each RAM stick individually, but this of course takes more time (few hours per stick).

Let us know the results of Memtest and we'll go from there.

Ok, cool. I'll definitely give it a try. Thanks! I just ran the on-board diagnostics for the hard-drive, and now I'm doing the the start-up diag test. Then I'll burn the memtest. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom