Windows xp - No Boot screen on Restart

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oz13

Solid State Member
This is my first post :D

To tell you guys the truth I have no idea how this happened- I've actually just noticed this morning that when I restart my pc- i just a get a simple black screen for about a couple minutes and then my desktop pops up- No boot screen, No windwos is loading, or welcome screen

However this only occurs when I restart.

I am using windows xp home-

thanx to anybody who responds

Welcome to tech-heaven! hope youll find this forum as helpful as always. They have here an expert computer Guru to help you deal with your PC problem. Goodluck!

Going back to your prob, what exactly is your problem? getting a balck screen after you restart is normal and if takes sometime to restart your PC, you better close all running programs before you log off. Give us more details.

Sorry about that- My problem is the part where it shows my clock speed , my drives, and what have you- i don't get it at all when i do a restart (the monitor light just keeps blinking until i get to the desktop)

However if i do a full shut down and then turn it on- i do get all the info - but i would think that this would cause a problem no for when i have to install programs that require a restart

thanx for the speedy response

restarting and turning off a PC is two different thing. shutting down your PC will turn all peripherals back to 0 thus testing all his stuff when you tried to turn it on. its the POST (power-on self test) that bothers you for now.. you can simply change your BIOS settings if you dont want your PC to test your device when booting, pus it speeds up your PC in a way. as long as it doesnt annoy you or something, theres no point to nag.
just post your question of you run out of prob in the future.
hope this help. keep posting!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom