Windows XP + NLite

Status
Not open for further replies.
BoysNightOut said:
This program Nlite, lets you create a bootable XP Pro image and add whatever programs you want to install along with it via self-installations?

Any info would be appreciated, I have a thread about this sort of thing I just posted this AM. Thanks!
Nlite is a program that allows you to intergrate updates, motherboard drives, and updates. It also allows you to chop or remove windows components or prorgams that you will not use. So in affect you can make the Install very very small.
There Are many many guides, just goolge around, you will find them.

cbailey77 said:
I already said in an earlier post that I tried creating the ISO image with no windows updates or driver files at all and it still goes into an endless rebooting loop.
Yes, but, what exactly do you mean. In your first post qouted below you said you added SP2 and TEN OTHER Updates. I am with Eric, List them, list them all, or you shall be ignored and never given help ever again. So you created a new Nlited Disk. Does this mean that you reformated the HD and reinstalled windows with the Nlited disk that had nothing changed? Why would you use Nlite if you did not change or add anything to the installation of XP? We NEED TO know EVREYTHING YOU DID. You must not want our help if you refuse to provide blow by blow steps of what you did or did not do..

cbailey77 said:
Hey,
I made an ISO image of XP SP2 with Nlite. I integrated service pack 2 in the list of patches along with 10 other bigger windows updates. I burned the ISO image to a DVD (850 megs) and it is bootable. The install went ok, and when it finished it restarted the PC. The install seemed ok and went through the welcome to Windows spiel and then it restarted. It comes up to the XP splash screen and restarts again and keeps looping that way. Could it be the video drivers? It will go into safe mode but thats it. I had a hard time integrating the video drivers to NLite and didnt think that it would cause this kind of problem. Any help would be appreciated.

Again, what were the drivers you tried to intergrate and what was the list of the Updates you added.
Failure to provide this information will mean the end of this thread.

Security Updates

Security Update for Windows XP (KB888113) WindowsXP-KB888113-x86-ENU.exe
Security Update for Windows XP (KB885250) WindowsXP-KB885250-x86-ENU.exe
Security Update for Windows XP (KB873333) WindowsXP-KB873333-x86-ENU.exe
Security Update for Windows XP (KB891781) WindowsXP-KB891781-x86-ENU.exe
Security Update for Windows XP (KB890047) WindowsXP-KB890047-X86-ENU.exe
Security Update for Windows XP (KB888302) WindowsXP-KB888302-x86-ENU.exe
Security Update for Windows XP (KB871250) WindowsXP-KB871250-x86-ENU.exe
Security Update for Windows XP (KB891711) WindowsXP-KB891711-x86-ENU.exe
Security Update for Windows XP (KB890175) WindowsXP-KB890175-x86-ENU.exe
Security Update for Windows XP (KB885836) WindowsXP-KB885836-x86-ENU.exe
Security Update for Windows XP (KB885835) WindowsXP-KB885835-x86-ENU.exe
Security Update for Windows XP (KB873339) WindowsXP-KB873339-x86-ENU.exe
Security Update for Windows Messenger (KB887472) WindowsXP-KB887472-x86-enu.exe
Updates for Windows XP

Update for Windows XP Service Pack 2 (KB884020) WindowsXP-KB884020-x86-enu.exe
Update for Windows XP (KB885222) WindowsXP-KB884883-v2-x86-ENU.exe
Update for Windows XP (KB887742) WindowsXP-KB887742-x86-ENU.exe
Update for Windows XP (KB890831) WindowsXP-KB890831-x86-ENU.exe
Update for Windows XP (KB886677) WindowsXP-KB886677-x86-enu.exe
Update for Windows XP Service Pack 2 (KB885894) WindowsXP-KB885894-x86-enu.exe
Critical Updates

Critical Update for Windows XP (KB886185) WindowsXP-KB886185-x86-enu.exe
Critical Update for Windows XP (KB887822) WindowsXP-KB887822-x86-enu.exe
Critical Update for Windows XP (KB885523) WindowsXP-KB885523-x86-enu.exe

These were added ...along with service pack 2. When this failed to work. I took all the windows updates out and left only SP2...Which is one reason I am trying to make this work -to avoid installing SP2 after. I left SP2 on the nlited install and removed the windwows updates that I pasted above. Same rebooting loop. I then created another ISO and added the NIC drivers, (BROADCOM NET EXTREME, VIDEO DRIVERS - INTEL) Same thing happened after the machine restarted -endless reboot loop.

I formatted the HD before each attempt with a new NLited version - I burned about 4 copies onto DVD thus far with changes in patches/updates/drivers that I have already mentioned above.

zmatt said:
i have seen Nlite have issues with trying to put in video drivers. try without those. you will just have to install them afterwards manually.

usually you have to extrect the video driver cab. files with winrar first, then head to the .inf file. leave the monitor setting to default

I guess I won't find out what the BSOD error is

The help here was, lets say, tremendous:amazed:
But I figured it out myself....I guess that maks me an NLite expert!
woo hoo

cbailey77 said:
The help here was, lets say, tremendous:amazed:
But I figured it out myself....I guess that maks me an NLite expert!
woo hoo

you got to give us info, before we can help. you refused to do that. I do suspect my response to zmatt had something to do with it

No need to be so snotty, cbailey. Several here offered to help, but you wanted to be anal about it.

No two computer problems are exactly the same... that's why we ask for info to help clarify what the problem is. Eric know nLite inside and out... and I know because he has helped me.

If you want help, that's fine. That's why these forums exist. But try not to be such a pain to work with. It makes life much easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom