Windows XP and Nero Burn Rights? - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 10-02-2005, 12:28 AM   #1 (permalink)
True Techie

Default Windows XP and Nero Burn Rights?

I figured out what was causing Nero to disable Windows XP's burning capabilities. After reformatting WIndows XP (It was the first timeinabout ayear) the drag and drop burn function worked fine.
I installed Nero and it still worked fine. But once I set "Restrict CD-ROm access to Locally logged on user" XP's burning capabilities are toast. But Nero works fine.

Is there a way Nero and XPs burning can co-exist?

Old 10-02-2005, 03:53 AM   #2 (permalink)
Chillin Techie

yeah. don't install incd of nero. if you install it, disable windows burning (services.msc)

Old 10-02-2005, 02:38 PM   #3 (permalink)
True Techie

Quote:
Originally posted by EricB
yeah. don't install incd of nero. if you install it, disable windows burning (services.msc)
I don't understand. Does thatmean if I use Nero, I can't use Windows? and vice versa?
Old 10-02-2005, 03:16 PM   #4 (permalink)
Chillin Techie

nero packet writing software which is called INcd conflicts with XP cd writing. you can only use 1 or the other. now you can install nero and don't install the incd part and everything will be fine
Old 10-02-2005, 03:53 PM   #5 (permalink)
True Techie

Quote:
nero packet writing software which is called INcd conflicts with XP cd writing. you can only use 1 or the other. now you can install nero and don't install the incd part and everything will be fine

Hmmm... I don't think thats theproblem. Because only after I changed the setting in Computer Management -> Local Security policy, thats what killed XPs writing ability.
Does iCD run in the background?

Old 10-02-2005, 04:25 PM   #6 (permalink)
Chillin Techie

Default Re: Windows XP and Nero Burn Rights?

Quote:
Originally posted by Snump
I figured out what was causing Nero to disable Windows XP's burning capabilities. After reformatting WIndows XP (It was the first timeinabout ayear) the drag and drop burn function worked fine.
I installed Nero and it still worked fine. But once I set "Restrict CD-ROm access to Locally logged on user" XP's burning capabilities are toast. But Nero works fine.

Is there a way Nero and XPs burning can co-exist?

I just reread this. why are you restricting access?

obviously doing that will restrict in house software, but not 3rd party software
Old 10-02-2005, 05:59 PM   #7 (permalink)
True Techie

Default Re: Re: Windows XP and Nero Burn Rights?

Quote:
I just reread this. why are you restricting access?

obviously doing that will restrict in house software, but not 3rd party software
Because Nero will not burn without it. It tells me to install "Nero Burn Rights, which also kills XP's ability to burn.
Old 10-02-2005, 06:12 PM   #8 (permalink)
True Techie

Iget Donkey of the month award. With Nero 5 the Burn rights app didn't solve this problem, now it does. both XPs burning and Nero is working correctly. I'll confirm this later with DVDs as well.
Old 10-02-2005, 06:13 PM   #9 (permalink)
Chillin Techie

Default Re: Re: Re: Windows XP and Nero Burn Rights?

Quote:
Originally posted by Snump
Because Nero will not burn without it. It tells me to install "Nero Burn Rights, which also kills XP's ability to burn.

??? I've never heard of that

are you on a limited account?
Old 10-02-2005, 09:45 PM   #10 (permalink)
True Techie

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Windows XP and Nero Burn Rights?

Quote:
??? I've never heard of that

are you on a limited account?
Yes, I am set as apower user. I'm a bit paranoid about security, so even on my home PCs I only keep users at the level they need. in case some virus gets in here and starts screweing around.

something tells me I can't drag and drop with DVDs.

Closed Thread