Windows XP and Nero Burn Rights?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snump

In Runtime
I figured out what was causing Nero to disable Windows XP's burning capabilities. After reformatting WIndows XP (It was the first timeinabout ayear) the drag and drop burn function worked fine.
I installed Nero and it still worked fine. But once I set "Restrict CD-ROm access to Locally logged on user" XP's burning capabilities are toast. But Nero works fine.

Is there a way Nero and XPs burning can co-exist?

yeah. don't install incd of nero. if you install it, disable windows burning (services.msc)

EricB said:
yeah. don't install incd of nero. if you install it, disable windows burning (services.msc)

I don't understand. Does thatmean if I use Nero, I can't use Windows? and vice versa?

nero packet writing software which is called INcd conflicts with XP cd writing. you can only use 1 or the other. now you can install nero and don't install the incd part and everything will be fine

EricB said:
nero packet writing software which is called INcd conflicts with XP cd writing. you can only use 1 or the other. now you can install nero and don't install the incd part and everything will be fine

Hmmm... I don't think thats theproblem. Because only after I changed the setting in Computer Management -> Local Security policy, thats what killed XPs writing ability.
Does iCD run in the background?

vsdfvasdfdasf0zu.png

Snump said:
I figured out what was causing Nero to disable Windows XP's burning capabilities. After reformatting WIndows XP (It was the first timeinabout ayear) the drag and drop burn function worked fine.
I installed Nero and it still worked fine. But once I set "Restrict CD-ROm access to Locally logged on user" XP's burning capabilities are toast. But Nero works fine.

Is there a way Nero and XPs burning can co-exist?

I just reread this. why are you restricting access?

obviously doing that will restrict in house software, but not 3rd party software

Re: Re: Windows XP and Nero Burn Rights?

EricB said:
I just reread this. why are you restricting access?

obviously doing that will restrict in house software, but not 3rd party software

Because Nero will not burn without it. It tells me to install "Nero Burn Rights, which also kills XP's ability to burn.

Iget Donkey of the month award. With Nero 5 the Burn rights app didn't solve this problem, now it does. both XPs burning and Nero is working correctly. I'll confirm this later with DVDs as well.

Re: Re: Re: Windows XP and Nero Burn Rights?

Snump said:
Because Nero will not burn without it. It tells me to install "Nero Burn Rights, which also kills XP's ability to burn.

??? I've never heard of that

are you on a limited account?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Windows XP and Nero Burn Rights?

EricB said:
??? I've never heard of that

are you on a limited account?

Yes, I am set as apower user. I'm a bit paranoid about security, so even on my home PCs I only keep users at the level they need. in case some virus gets in here and starts screweing around.

something tells me I can't drag and drop with DVDs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom