Windows XP on Multiple Computers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chase

CECS Major
OK, heres the setup. I own 4 household computers in which I want to run XP on all of them. I want to purchase Windows XP but not 3 extra times since I own all of the computers I am putting it on. Is this legal to install 1 copy of XP on 4 computers that I alone own? Is it possible to do with only 1 copy of XP? If not what can I do to save myself from spending ALOT of money buying 4 copies of XP?

Thanks for the help-

::-Chase-::

read the EULA

it states (not exact) you can have it on no more than two cpus

to be legit, you'll need to buy 2 copies, however this is VERY hard to enforce....

it really helps reading the Liscense Agreements... im one of those losers who actually read every single one when i install things. Its lke reading the constitution, you feel like you know what your rights are :)

My advice, buy 2 copies

What kinda loser reads the EULA anyway???

J/J, anyway, thanks for the help tommyboy, I would have never sat down to read that thing. $280 sounds alot better than $560, since I DO like to keep things as legit as possible. Again, thanks for the help!

::-Chase-::

yeah, well im that kind of loser :p

its my reading time, i need to speed up and get better... lol. its actually only like 4 pages... 1/2 is in some other language along with most of them :p

no problem

put xandros on the other 3 (it comes with a million free apps too). I getting ready to ditch windows

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom