Windows XP and MSI Motherboard compatibility question

Status
Not open for further replies.

grkbar

In Runtime
I have read that there are issues installing drivers for the MSI K9N6SGM-V mobo under Windows XP. I was wondering if this were true and also if so should I just download the drivers and create my own driver disk? The MSI drivers are found (MSI -- MICRO-STAR INT'L CO., LTD.. If there is a compatibility issue with the drivers from the CD with Windows XP (pro which I am using) which drivers should I download. Also, should I even bother loading the MOBO CD if this is the case? Hopefully someone can anwser my numerous question. I just want to make sure I install the neccessary drivers are installed.

Well it is always good to make sure your Mobo drivers are installed. If you are typing from within XP then i dont think they are incompatitible. It is always a good idea to have the latest drivers.

Would you suggest that I just download the drivers from the MSI site then to make sure I am getting the correct and most up to date drivers?

Yes that would be my suggestion to you. That way you will have the most recent driver for your motherboard and even if there is a problem with the mobo and XP these drivers should fix that problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom