Windows XP Loading Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could it be a possible PSU issue - I am having the same issue up to here, and have completely different hardware specs. The PSU does have a sort of ring to it.

Ok guys.. i got the system to not restart and it came up with the same error again.... its says.. Windows has been shut down to prevent damage to the hardware or something.. then it says.

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

anybody know what this means?

Page fault errors are memory problems, now this don't mean your memory is bad, just that it probably won't work with your motherboard.

Has it worked at all since the time you installed it?
What Brand of memory?

it works.. its just.. when it boots up.. sometimes it will give me the blue error screen.. but after i restart it.. works fine..

juss earlier today.. it went into standby mode by itself.. and then when i press a key.. the blue screen started up.. this has only happened once

Gq-Souljah said:
how would i be able to fix this?

The fix is different for everyone, I would start with making sure you have a big enough PSU, at least 350-400Watt for starters.

Next, NO OVERCLOCKING the CPU, start with defaults and change one setting at a time raising the VCore on the CPU, then on the memory, and last the voltage on the video card one notch, but do these each one at a time, don't go overboard and try adjusting all at once.

Next, make sure your device drivers all are up to date, this includes chipset, video card, and onboard RAID and NIC controllers.

Hope this helps but none of this will help without first having an adaquate PSU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom