Windows XP Laptop freezing after login

Status
Not open for further replies.

azby9999us

Beta member
I have laptop with Windows XP and it was working fine till about a week back. It started freezing after I login. Everytime I reboot, it happens and I cannot really launch any program. I have then restarted in Safe mode and tried the following:

1. I have downloaded Stinger from McAfee Threat Center and scanned my computer and it came back with no viruses.

2. I have also scanned with Trend Micro's 'HouseCall' software and it came back with NO viruses.

Can anyone suggest what could be the problem and possible solutions?

Thanks

Will it run properly in Safe Mode? If so, you know it is something runnign that is messing you up.

Have you recently installed anything new? Have you tried using System Restore and going back to a point before it started messing up?

If it is something running, it may not be a virus. Try downloading Malwarebytes AntiMalware and scanning with it.

Will it run properly in Safe Mode? If so, you know it is something runnign that is messing you up.

Have you recently installed anything new? Have you tried using System Restore and going back to a point before it started messing up?

If it is something running, it may not be a virus. Try downloading Malwarebytes AntiMalware and scanning with it.

I have tried System Restore and when I select a previous date, it does not do anything.

I tried running 'Malwarb ytes Antimalware' in Safe mode and it does not run. When I click on it, it does not do anything.

Any other thoughts or suggestions.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom