Windows XP Installation Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

chitownguru

Beta member
Hey all:

I'm having a weird problem with Windows XP installation upgrade. I'm upgrading from ME to XP and well I let the installation run and it ran till it said 25min left and after that it won't go no more its stuck on there. Is there any way to rollback that installation and just get it back to ME?? Everytime I try to start the computer without the CD it just restarts the installation. I Don't know what else I might be able to do so I come for help. Thanks I really appreciate it.

Guru

Hi,

you could try getting hold of a win98 start up disk off the net and booting with that to a command prompt, then trying scanreg /restore.

hope it helps...

I tried that and I can't get even scanreg to come up. I don't want to reformat the system, there are to many files on there is there anyone knows how to uninstall windows XP setup?? Thank you.

Anyone know of anyway to fix this issue?? I haven't been able to do anything about it. I have tried getting a ME cd and booting from there but it wants to do a fresh install not a restore or recovery and if I use the Compaq recovery CD's then it will reformat the computer, and I don't want to do that please any help will be greatly appreciated.

Lemuel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom