Windows xp installation problem...need solution

Status
Not open for further replies.

TechGurujuni

Solid State Member
Having problem when im installing windows xp thru my dektop acer pc using USB ISO. after hardware configure settings it show this message "INF file txtsetup.sif is corrupt or missing, status 18. setup cannot continue. press any key to exit." anyone can give me solution? i already tried some OS.ISO file and burn it on USB as bootable ISO. and nothing happen always the same error. my acer desktop is slightly use and i brought a new memory DDRII 2GB and HDD Sata Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 500gb. and i didnt connect CD Rom cause it already malfunction so i use USB to install OS. PSU is also new. the HDD spin noisy. what can i do to install OS? pls help it takes me 1week finding solution

Agreed, try another ISO image, also may need to recreate the ISO image (if you created it yourself). If you didn't and you downloaded it elsewhere you may need to try another source.

I try a lot of ISO image and i also try Ubuntu and when it starts booting from usb device it start something like this "SYSLINUX 3.84 2009-12-18 CBIOS Copyright (C) 1994-2009 H. Pete Anvin et al"and thats all it stop there continue blinking the line _ . and the Seagate Sata 500gb is it normally sounds loud spining? i already tried download from microsoft software and intel download center nothing happen and not working.

First things first, you mentioned your hard drive being loud, normally when mine runs loud nothing is wrong BUT to be on the safe side, can you plug it into another computer and run an additional reformat on it? If the format succeeds, then the hard drive is still receiving data and power to it. Next,try a different jump drive, I know it may not make a lot of sense but its something worth trying. Or if you feel like spending $20, go to a computer store and buy a optical drive and boot the iso from there.I've never been a fan of booting from usb personally. Hope this helped.
-Roar-

ok thank you roar i will try that in some other time. cause i cant find here desktop we all using laptop. anyone have an idea. I try to install Ubuntu. but its still blinking the line _ and nothing happened. i open ubuntu on laptop and its working. it can install using usb. but when i plug it on pc desktop acerpower pentium 4 8Gb DDRII Memory, 500GB Seagate Sata Barracuda 7200.12 nothing happen it hang on the blinking line usually booting sequence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom