Windows XP Install

Status
Not open for further replies.

WyvernOfEzru

Baseband Member
How many times can we use a purchased version of windows xp home to install on our home computers? Tell me, please, that it isn't 2. That is a ridiculously small amount, if that is the case, and I will be calling microsoft to ask them for an exception.

If however it is only 2 times, is it possible to get a new harddrive to receive all the files on my current harddrive, including what it takes to run xp? Thank you.

You can only install a retail copy of XP Home on one computer. If you want to install it on more than one computer, you are supposed to buy another copy. However, there are easy activation cracks out there to get around this, but you are on your own with finding them. If you transfer your XP Home to another computer like you are wanting to do, it will sense that your hardware has changed and ask you to re-activate.

beedubaya i'm kinda confused here... thats not the case with a 2600 build...is that correct...
I could only happen when you try to activate it... and the dead line for that is around 14 days if i'm not mistaken...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom