Windows XP Home installation Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

iamloco724

In Runtime
ok i want to reload windows but dont want to lose my personal files like music,videos and documents i have no real way of back up right now so i have a question when i put in my xp cd i have 2 options one is upgrade and one is new installation..i did upgrade a few days ago and my pc has been running weird ever since thats why im looking for a more clean install...if i choose new installtion will it just delete my system files and programs or will it also delete all the stuff i want to keep please get back to me asap

Yep repair installation is the exact thing you need. You won't lose anything on the hdd. The only thing I had to reinstall is Windows media player 11. I clicked on the icon and it would take me to the setup of WMP10, so I just reinstalled 11.

As long as you don't click the "FIRST" repair option you won't lose anything. After you click "New Installation" the system will auto check for previous installs... It will find your current install and prompt you with an option to "Repair".... That is the repair option you need to choose.

REMEMBER: If you do this incorrectly, you will lose EVERYTHING.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom