Windows XP help

Status
Not open for further replies.

niZmO_Man

Beta member
With XP, you can disable the shutdown button on the logon screen, preventing someone from shutting down/restarting the computer without logging on first.
I know this can be done as I have done it before but I cannot remember how. All I can remember is that some registry modifications have to be done. Some please enlighten me

Thanks

I believe its a group policy...if you go to start, run type gpedit.msc and hit enter...computer config, windows settings, security settings, local policies, security options...should be bout 5 from the bottom, labeled "Allow system to be shut down without having to logon" If it's different let me know as i use the classic logon with a domain, however it onlyl makes sense to be the same setting.

Please explain why you would want to do this?; sounds maliciuos.

Altering the regestry can cause the data stored on your hard drive to be...... I figure you know.

i know the warnings of editing the registry but can i ask...why does it sound malicious...

I find that any technique that subverts your controle over another pc and its functions to be harmfull to the user.

"With XP, you can disable the shutdown button on the logon screen, preventing someone from shutting down"
-niZmO_Man.

I dint't mean to imply anything untoward, I wanted to know why he asked, my response was a bit insulting, I'm sorry for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom