windows xp gives me an error

Status
Not open for further replies.

NewCents05

Daemon Poster
so im installing xp for the first time and it goes thru the whole setup and when its almost finished it says please insert windows xp service pack 2 disc which is already on the xp disc i put in so i have no idea what its talking about so i hit cancel it comes up one more time.
so it continues and finalizes the setup and wham blue screen error. the first error message is 0x0000008e which is some memory error so i removed 1 of my 2 sticks of ram and tried again it said restarting windows setup or something then slammed me with another blue screen with something like irq not less or equal. so i swapped memory and get 0x0000000a so what am i doing wrong i highly doubt both sticks of ram are faulty so how could i go about fixing this

edit:
sorry here are my system specs
-dfi lan party ut nf4 ultra-d socket 939 nvidia nforce 4 ultra atx amd motherboard
-AMD Atholon 64 X2 4200+ Manchester 2.2GHz Socket 939 Dual Core Processor Model
-Lite-On 16x DVD+,-R dvd burner w/lightscribe and 5x dvd-ram
-kingston hyperx 1gb (2x512mb) 184-pin ddr sdram ddr 400(pc 3200) dual channel
-Hiper 580w PSU
-2x 250gb 7200 rpm western digital sata hd
-BFG Tech geforce 7600GT 256MB GDDR3 PCI Express x16 video card

From the looks of it, seems like a bad CD or your DVD drive. I would check the cabling again, make sure to switch for a known working one. Are these all new hardwares just bought?

NewCents05 said:
so im installing xp for the first time and it goes thru the whole setup and when its almost finished it says please insert windows xp service pack 2 disc which is already on the xp disc i put in so i have no idea what its talking about so i hit cancel it comes up one more time.
so it continues and finalizes the setup and wham blue screen error. the first error message is 0x0000008e which is some memory error so i removed 1 of my 2 sticks of ram and tried again it said restarting windows setup or something then slammed me with another blue screen with something like irq not less or equal. so i swapped memory and get 0x0000000a so what am i doing wrong i highly doubt both sticks of ram are faulty so how could i go about fixing this

edit:
sorry here are my system specs
-dfi lan party ut nf4 ultra-d socket 939 nvidia nforce 4 ultra atx amd motherboard
-AMD Atholon 64 X2 4200+ Manchester 2.2GHz Socket 939 Dual Core Processor Model
-Lite-On 16x DVD+,-R dvd burner w/lightscribe and 5x dvd-ram
-kingston hyperx 1gb (2x512mb) 184-pin ddr sdram ddr 400(pc 3200) dual channel
-Hiper 580w PSU
-2x 250gb 7200 rpm western digital sata hd
-BFG Tech geforce 7600GT 256MB GDDR3 PCI Express x16 video card

I am sorry, but as I understand it, the Windows CD you got should not be a legal one, it has no licence, which is either a copy shared from your friends or downloaded from the Internet.

It could be a bad disk or a bad drive. Try returning the disk and swapping for a new disk, or try installing from a disk you can get that you know works proporly and install using the code from your disk **which is legal, I do work for microsoft after all**. If this doesn't work, try running a debug on your hdd, and if that doesn't work come back and let me know, I would really like to give a hand in this.

Yes, you should return the bad disk to the book store then!

They should give you a new OS CD as a compensation!

lol its not a bad disc its an actual os disc! its not burnt or anything its the actual os disc like you would get if you bought it from a retail store.

but it was a bad video card so nvm thanks anyway tho guys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom